For emergencies and crimes in progress, dial 9-1-1. If your matter is not an emergency but you would like an officer to respond to a particular location, dial UCPD dispatch at (310) 825-1491.
The Anonymous Reporting Line
The anonymous reporting line, (310) 794-5824, is provided as a resource for those wishing to report crimes anonymously.
If you choose to report anonymously, you must leave specific details in order for UCPD to investigate the crime. Provide details to the best of your ability to the following questions:
- What happened? What did you see? What appears suspicious to you?
- Where exactly did the incident occur? Include streets, building and room/area.
- Did the suspect(s) have any weapons?
- What did the suspect say?
- Where and when was the suspect last seen?
- Which direction was the suspect headed?
- Was the suspect on foot or in a vehicle?
- What did the suspect(s) look like? Describe each suspect one at a time.
- Height & Weight
- Hair Color & Length
- Glasses/Facial Hair
- Was the suspect carrying anything?
- Vehicle Description, Color, Make, Model, License Plate
After a message is retrieved from the anonymous reporting line, the information is forwarded to the appropriate person.
Tipsters can anonymously report crimes or suspicious activity to the Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at www.lacrimestoppers.com. Crimes or suspicious activity occurring on University property should be designated as a "tip related to a school or student", with UCLA entered as the Campus Name.
The purpose of Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers is to prevent and reduce crime by forming a partnership among the community, law enforcement, and the media to offer anonymity and cash rewards to anyone providing information leading to an arrest, thereby making the community a safer place for all who live or work in the region.
Crime Stoppers encourages members of the community to assist local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime by overcoming the two key elements that inhibit community involvement: fear and apathy.
Crime Stoppers uses state-of-the-art encryption technology to ensure Crime Stoppers tips stay anonymous. Phone numbers, IP addresses, etc. are not traceable. For tips to stay anonymous, tipsters must not divulge any personal identifying information within the content of their tips.
Phone: (310) 206-0474
Mail Code: 136408
601 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1364
Monday – Friday 8 a. m. to 5 p. m.Station Hours
24 hours a day, 7 days a week